This recipe sounds awesome. For anyone who likes chorizo, it might be good in this dish. Personally, I don’t like chorizo, but I know lots of people who do. Also did you know that the dictionary in Firefox doesn’t think that chorizo is a word? It is recommending chorister, now there’s a word you use everday!
Submitted By: Michael Boyle
Submitted From: Pennsylvania
- 2 packages of Ramen Chicken (or Chili) Flavor
- 1/4 cup (half medium onion) of onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of green peppers, sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- 2-3 links (appx 1 pound) of cooked and sliced sweet (or hot) Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (fresh preferable)
- 1 can of Ro*Tel Original diced tomatoes with green chili peppers.
Cook the sausage (Grilled Wegman’s Sweet Italian tastes great!), slice after cooking and set aside.
Cut and saute onion and garlic in a pan. Pour the liquid only from the Ro*Tel diced tomatoes into a pot, and add 2.5 cups of water and flavor packets. Boil the water. Place noodles in pot with onion, garlic, peas, peppers. Cook until noodles are soft. Transfer to serving bowl, add diced tomatoes and sausage – TOSS!
Voila…Just hot enough to maybe make you sweat. Substitute regular diced tomatoes for a less spicy rendition.