Submitted By: CherieBebe
- 1 package microwave type ramen (MINUS flavor packet)
- 2 Tbs smooth (creamy) peanut butter
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Optional: 1-2 Tbs chopped chives (can be dried type) (for garnish)
(1) Cook the ramen but do NOT use the flavor packet. Just cook the ramen in water.
let noodles cool while mixing sauce (below)
(2) Prepare the sauce:
2 Tbs smooth peanut butter
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp vegetable oil
(3) Mix sauce ingredients until smooth.
(4) Top cooled noodles with sauce, and then sprinkle sauce topping with
chopped chives (or thinly sliced scallion/green onion)
Note: Traditionally, this dish is serve chilled, but some people also enjoy it warm. (It’s often listed as an appetizer on Chinese restaurant menus, but is nourishing enough to be a light entree). It’s great eating, especially on warm days.
Submitted By: Noodle
Submitted From: u s of a
- 1 block Ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Sachet of French onion soup mix powder
- Tablespoon of oil
Mix warm oil and soup mix (amount depends on how much of a salt fiend you are) in frying pan. Don’t burn it! Add peanuts and sunflower seeds and coat with the mixture. Add Ramen, broken up into small chunks. Mix until everything’s covered. Eat once cooled.
Submitted By: Victor Nishi
Submitted From: Kelowna, BC Canada
- 1 package ramen, noodle broken into quarters
- 2 cup, coarse chopped spinach, raw
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: cooked meats, chicken, beef, ham, etc
- Optional: frozen convenience vegetables
In nonstick frypan cook ramen noodles with water over medium heat. Break up noodles as they cook. Add spinach and flavor package and continue to cook until spinach is just wilted. Pour eggs over ramen, cover and reduce heat to low. Done when eggs are cooked through. Optional: add meats or other vegetables with spinach. Can be served as side dish with rice or pasta.
Note: Any type will do but soy sauce (Oriental) flavor seems best. For spicy, try the Korean ones.
Submitted By: Alice Jordan
Submitted From: USA
- 1 T Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 Crushed red hot pepper (no seeds)
- 1 T Regular soy sauce
- 1 T Chicken broth
- 1 T Peanut butter (reduced or low fat work well)
Mix the sauce with 1 package cooked unflavored ramen noodles, or a fistful of spaghetti, spaghettini, angel
hair, etc. Garnish with julienne scallions (green part), carrots, crushed toasted peanuts, and a few drops of dark
sesame oil. Sauce ingredients can be adjusted to taste. More crushed red pepper can be added, or the chicken broth
can be removed.
Note: Can be served hot, cold, or room temperature.
Submitted By: Katie and Lian
Submitted From: New York
- 2 pack of koren ramen noodle
- 2-3 scallions- chopped
- 2 brown eggs
- 1 bag of mixed vegtables
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
Boil the frozen vegtables until tender. While the vegtables are cooking, boil 3 cups of water in a saucepan. Add the ramen noodles to the boiling water. After 5-8 min or when the ramen is soft put in seasoning packet. Add the scallions and the vegtables cook for about 2 -4 min. Add soy sacue and stir. Once done put in a bowl and enjoy