Submitted By: Pam Brees
Submitted From: the Bay Area, California
- Green cabbage
- Green onion
- sesame Seeds
- one package of Almond slivers
- 2/3 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 2 or 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Assemble shortly before serving.
1. Chop, slice and dice green cabbage, and some green onion to
2. Crush ramen inside of packet into chunks..any flavor works.
Open and place in microwave safe bowl. Add 2-3 tablespoons butter.
handful of sesame seeds, package of almond slivers, and the flavor
packet. Mix and cover with paper towel. Toast in microwave-high
for 1 minute at a time, stir, high for 1 minute again until all
is lightly browned. Set this aside...be warned that it is as addictive
as cookie dough so if you want some left for the salad...hide
3. In shaker bottle, mix 1/2 cup oil , 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar,
two or three tablespoons of shoyu (soy sauce), i 1-2 tbsp. sesame
oil, 1/3 cup water, and 3 tbsp. sugar. Shake until sugar dissolves.
You can play with these proportions..some like more sesame oil,
but do not use it for the 1/2 cup oil base. Too much of a good
thing. Chill dressing.
4. Just before serving, dump cabbage, ramen topping into salad
bowl. Shake dressing and add..toss and serve.