An interesting recipe from China. The spelling on Sichuan is not mine and my spell checker doesn’t like it, but I’ll trust this guy.
Submitted By: thnikkaman
Submitted From: Chongqing, China
- 1 or 2 pack(s) chicken flavor ramen noodles. use the flavor packet if you like.
- 1 tsp of soy sauce or to your liking.
- 1 pinch of szechuan pepper. (you can find these at your local asian food store)
- 1 1/2 tsp of black vinegar. more if you like. (can buy at asian food stores)
- Some chopped green onions to your liking.
- Some smashed or chopped raw garlic cloves to your liking.
- Some cayenne pepper oil. Amount is how much you want. see direction on how to make it.
- Some oil, I recommend Canola.
- A pinch of salt and/or MSG (it’s authentic!)
- Optional: some chinese vegetables like Bok Choy, but I personally like green Romaine lettuce. heh heh.
SAUCE: Mix all ingredients except noodles in a big bowl.
PEPPER OIL: First, get some powdered or ground red cayenne pepper, then heat up some oil in a pan until it’s nearly smoking. Next spoon in some of the pepper powder into the oil (careful, the oil will pop!!). The oil is is done when it turns red or until the smell very tempting.
NOODLES AND/OR VEGETABLES: Cook noodles as you normally would in a pot with or without flavor packet. When the noodles are nearly done, put in the vegetables and cook for 2-3 min. more or until vegetables are a little soft. Then pour the vegetables and noodles and some of the water it was cooking in into the bowl with the sauce and start consuming this heavenly chow!!! Serves: 3-4 people