I tried to grow spinach this summer, but the seeds never sprouted. I like to eat spinach in salads, but it also does well in stir-fry’s, even if it doesn’t give you super-strength. Note: As usual, this is vegetarian in that you’re not adding meat. Check your noodles before adding the seasoning, the seasoning may have meat in it.
Submitted By: Melanie T.
Submitted From: Tennessee, USA
- 1 packet of ramen, any flavor except the “creamy” flavors
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame oil (with or without chilis)
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove minced fresh garlic
Boil the noodles just until barely done. Pour off water, add cool water to stop the cooking, stir in the seasoning packet to lightly flavor the noodles. Set aside. In a wok or seasoned frying pan, heat the oil along with the ginger, sesame seeds and garlic just until it begins to be fragrant. Toss in the spinach leaves and stir-fry until they are wilted but still bright green. Add soy sauce, remove from heat. Drain noodles and place in bowl. Pour spinach and sauce over the noodles.