I realized tonight that I have broccoli spelled wrong on half of the site, for the record, 2 C’s, 1 L. Also, do you guys like using olive oil for stir fry dishes? I prefer vegetable oil for stir fry dishes even though I really like olive oil.
Submitted By: Toni Kellar
Submitted From:Southeast Ohio
- 1/4 c olive oil, more or less as needed
- several heads broccoli, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pkg Ramen noodles, any flavor
- soy sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Heat oil in stir-fry wok.
- Crumble uncooked Ramen noodles into small pieces. Add dry noodles to hot oil and stir fry until slightly crispy.
- Add seasoning packet.
- Add chopped broccoli and onion, and stir fry until cooked, adding additional olive oil as needed.
- Season with soy sauce and teriyaki sauce, not too much, but enough to wet the concoction.
- You may add other spices as desired (for example, curry goes well with Oriental Ramen; extra garlic goes well with the Chicken seasoning packet.)
You can modify this recipe with any meat and vegetable combination (such as chicken, carrots, red peppers, and Tandoori/curry spices), adding egg as well. The key is to stir fry the uncooked noodles first!