This is a great recipe from Suzhou, China. Thanks Peter!
Submitted By: Peter Wang
Submitted From: Suzhou, China
- 2 chicken flavor ramen packets (decide if you want to use flavor packet)
- 1-2 cups water
- chili oil
- soy sauce
- black vinegar (you can buy this stuff from asian food stores)
- some salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped into very small pieces. add more if you want.
- 1 spring onion, chopped into very small pieces.
- baby bok choy or romaine lettuce.
- some canola, vegetable, soybean, or corn oil.
Put the water in a medium-sized pot and bring it to a boil. When the water starts boiling, add the ramen noodles and flavor packet. Cook the ramen until the noodles and are relatively soft, and then add romaine lettuce or bok choy and cook until vegetables are soft but not soggy. Turn off the stovel. In a large bowl, mix the soy sauce, black vinegar, chili oil, salt (a pinch. if you used the flavor packet, don’t use the salt), garlic, spring onion, and oil together. Pour the noodles and vegetables into the bowl, and add some of the water the noodles were cooking in to make soup. Chow down on this heavenly food!!