Confession: I’ve never made a salad with ramen, but it sounds good for a chilled summer salad. This recipe also leaves you with one left over flavor packet for other fun uses.
Submitted By: Gaby Williams
Submitted From: Peoria, IL
- 2 packages chicken ramen
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 handful fresh basil, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped (I used 1/3 head of romaine, boston bibb, and red leaf)
- optional add-ins: grilled shrimp or grilled chicken
This serves 4.
1. Cook both packages of ramen, adding only one seasoning packet to the water.
2. Drain, add noodles back into pot. Add 2 teaspoons chili oil and 3 tablespoons rice vinegar and stir. (If you don’t mind how the basil and cilantro looks wilted, add it now. If you want the herbs to be pretty, wait until the noodles are chilled. IMO, it doesn’t taste the same, I highly suggest adding the basil and cilantro in this step.)
3. Chill noodles in the fridge; when they are cold enough for you, put handful or more of lettuce in bowls. Place large spoonful of tasty chilled ramen on top. Add chicken or shrimp (if you would like, of course). Enjoy!