As I await the arrival of the 2006 Storm of Doom, I thought I would post this warming winter recipe.
Submitted By: Min Rizor
Submitted From:Massachusetts, USA
- 1 package ramen (any flavor. Do NOT use the seasoning packet)
- 1 or 2 Pre-cooked slices of pork
- 2 and 1/2 cups water
- 6 chopped baby carrots
- Slivered white/yellow onion (or chopped green onion if you prefer)
- Ginger powder or fresh grated ginger (as much as you want)
- Minced garlic (as much as you want)
- A few dashes soy sauce (not low-sodium, preferably)
- A spoonful of chicken base
Put everything but the noodles into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down a little bit (not past medium heat, though) and boil it for approximately 10 minutes, depending on how soft and cooked you like your carrots. After the 10 minutes are up, remove the pork slices and add your noodles, bringing to a boil again. Boil for 3 more minutes. Pour into your favorite bowl, top with the pork and enjoy!