Tilapia is usually called “white fish” since it doesn’t really have a strong or distinct flavor. It lends itself well to sauces and seasonings.
Submitted By: Andrey G
Submitted From: Davis, CA, USA
- 1 package ramen
- 1 tilapia filet
- lemon wedges (to taste)
- black pepper
- chili powder
- Optional spices for ramen: thyme, basil, garlic powder, etc.
- Heat oil in a frying pan (enough so that it is about 1/4 inch deep). Boil some water in a sauce pan (enough to cook the ramen).
- Mix the flour, salt, black pepper, paprika, and chili powder together on a paper towel.
- When the oil has heated, coat the tilapia in the flour mixture and place it in the oil. Cook each side for about 3 minutes (it should turn dark brown).
- Meanwhile, cook the ramen in the sauce pan. I like to add the ramen spice packet, as well as some thyme, basil, and garlic powder.
- When the ramen has finished, drain it and place it on a plate, and put the cooked fish on top.
- If you like lemon, take some wedges and squeeze them over the fish.
(The whole thing takes about 10 min to prepare.)