Submitted By: Bond
Submitted From: Southwest Texas State
- Nissin Top Ramen Chili flavor
- 1/2 tbsp oil or enough to cover pan
- 1/2 carrot cut into strips
- 5 2inch strips red bell pepper
- 1 thick slice red onion, chopped
- 2-3 little mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp peas (I use frozen)
- 1 tbsp corn (frozen)
- 1/4 clove garlic minced super fine
- Optional: chili pepper flakes or fresh minced
- Optional: 1 egg
Cook Ramen according to directions, but only add 1/2 of the flavor packet. If you are using egg, add to water when you add noodles. Heat oil in wok or skillet over medium heat. Add all vegetables and garlic (add peas and corn still frozen). Stir constantly and lower heat if you notice any searing or if you like softer veggies. My vegetables are usely done in 2 1/2 – 3 minutes, but I like them a bit crisp. Drain liquid off noodles and add vegetables and extra chili pepper if its not spicy enough. (makes 1 serving).
Note: I use Nissin Ramen because its the cheapest at my grocery, but any other brand of chili or hot and spicy flavor ramen will work. I only use a 1/2 packet because I try to keep my sodium intake down. If you use the whole packet you shouldn’t need to add any extra chili peper. I add egg sometimes because it adds protein and it gives it a richer taste. You can substitute other veggies, but if you use softer ones like mushrooms or squash add them after the other veggies have cooked a minute or so.