Invented in the Dominican Republic in 1990 by Billy, “when he was starving”
Submitted By: Billy
Submitted From: Providence, RI, USA
- 2 packages beef ramen
- 1/2 lb thin sliced beef (rump or round is good)
- 1 package Goya Sazon
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 potato sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 green onions minced
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 can of campbells vegetable soup
- some olives
- fresh cilantro, about 2 tbl spoons (chopped fine)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- pinch of sugar
- Put Goya Sazon on meat with vinegar, garlic, onion, and olives. Let marinade for between 15 mins and 3 hours.
- Get oil in pan really hot (to smoking point), add a pinch of sugar and then add the meat. Brown the meat on all sides. Turn down heat and add 1/2 cup water and simmer until tender (about 20 mins). Add more water as needed. Pour remaining marinade over the meat.
- Add the flavor packets from the noodles, the can of vegetable soup and enough water to taste. Also add the potato and simmer until the potato is almost cooked. Add the cilantro and ramen noodles and cook until noodles are tender.
DONE! IT IS ACTUALLY QUITE A TASTY AND VERY DOMINICAN TASTING DISH!