This is Charley’s estimation of a Chinese style ramen soup. It is very simple and sounds tasty. I wonder if it would be good to use Chinese 5-Spice in Ramen?
Submitted By: Charley
Submitted From: Tennessee, USA
- 1 package chicken flavor ramen noodles
- Sugar of an amount equal to the contents of the flavor packet
- Garlic to taste (granulated garlic works best)
- About a quarter of a teaspoon of black pepper
- A tiny amount of cinnamon (too much can ruin it! 1/16th of a teaspoon would probably even be too much! Add very small amounts until you can get a feel for what is enough)
- Red pepper powder (optional)
Combine garlic, soup base, black pepper, and cinnamon and hot pepper in a bowl. Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package, except use slightly more water than the directions call for because there’s more ingredients. (I’d say about 1/4 to 1/2 a cup more.) Don’t be afraid to taste the broth while cooking to get the flavor right, because I didn’t give exact measurements. After the ramen is cooked, add the spices!