Submitted By: Rita
Submitted From: Chicago
- Package of Ramen
- Package of extra firm tofu
- Bag of Frozen stir-fry veggies
- Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Your favorite mixed seasoning
- pinch of brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- Couple tablespoons of hot sauce to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Start out with enought to cover the bottom of the pan. Add garlic (I used two cloves).
- Cube tofu. I usually go about 1 inch cubes, but eye ball it.
- Put tofu in hot olive oil. Then, poor in more olive oil, being careful not to burn yourself or your house down. You want to come to the top of the tofu or cover it if your pan is deep enough. Turn heat up all the way.
- Allow to fry for about 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Towards end, add just a dash of brown sugar to the top. This is totally optional, but the sweetness is a good contrasting flavor.
- After tofu is done, turn off heat, scoop out of pan and drain off most of the oil. Leave enough to coat the bottom of the pan well. If there is still some garlic floating around, that is fine.
- Turn heat back on to med-low setting. Oil will probably heat up right away again. Now, add stir fry package or just plain veggies. Make sure there is some water in there, so add some water from can from canned veggies, or if you're working with fresh ones, add roughly half a cup.
- Add more garlic. Mix in any other veggies you want to use. Also, add mixed seasoning, at least a tablespoon, but more to taste. I also threw on some garlic powder.
- When all of the veggies are starting to simmer, add ramen. Break up a bit, but should be okay. Try to get it under the veggies so it gets moist quickly. If it sits on top, it won't start reconstituting. If it seems like it needs more water, add about 1/4 a cup.
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add Ramen flavoring.
- When ramen noodles are done, stir in tofu chunks.
- Finally add a dash of hot sauce to give it a little kick. Salt to taste and serve!