Submitted By: Rich
Submitted From: Columbia, MD, USA
- microwavable bowl large enough to submerge a brick of ramen
- an egg or three
- Put enough water in bowl to submerge the unbroken brick of Ramen. Add spice pack and Ramen brick to bowl.
- Microwave on high 3 min or until noodles have soaked the water.
- Drain with fork immediately for al dente, leave sit until you remember about it again for softer noodles.
- Leave about 50mL water or next step will dry it out too much.
- Add egg(s). Mix.
- Nuke for another 1-3 minutes until egg is cooked.
- Sprinkle flavour pack over drained Ramen for stronger flavour.
- Along with egg, mix in anything else edible. I call this Ultra Ramen (great for getting rid of vast quantities of leftover condiments which fridges seem to collect!). Shredded cheese is a great cover and a staple of mine when I don't have to stress pushing the cost above $.20/bowl.
- Instead of leaving water from draining, use watery condiments such as soy sauce.
- Don't mix the egg to cook the whites and leave the yolks runny. Be sure to at least pierce the yolks and whites with a toothpick, or boom!