Submitted By: CherieBebe
- 1 package microwave type ramen (MINUS flavor packet)
- 2 Tbs smooth (creamy) peanut butter
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Optional: 1-2 Tbs chopped chives (can be dried type) (for garnish)
(1) Cook the ramen but do NOT use the flavor packet. Just cook the ramen in water.
let noodles cool while mixing sauce (below)
(2) Prepare the sauce:
2 Tbs smooth peanut butter
1 Tbs soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp vegetable oil
(3) Mix sauce ingredients until smooth.
(4) Top cooled noodles with sauce, and then sprinkle sauce topping with
chopped chives (or thinly sliced scallion/green onion)
Note: Traditionally, this dish is serve chilled, but some people also enjoy it warm. (It’s often listed as an appetizer on Chinese restaurant menus, but is nourishing enough to be a light entree). It’s great eating, especially on warm days.