This one sounds semi-healthy for everyone that complains about that on here. Did you know that you can buy strawberries in Canada? (Okay, just kidding Canadian readers!) The original submitter notes that kids also love this one!
Submitted By: Jasmine L.
Submitted From: Timmins, Ontario, Canada
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 10 strawberries
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pear
- 1 apple
- 1 small can of mandarin orange segments
- raspberry salad dressing
- 1 pkg of oriental flavoured ramen noodles
Wash the lettuce and break into bite size pieces in a large bowl. Core and cut strawberries into slices. Place in small bowl, add in balsamic vinegar and sugar. Mix thoroughly and let sit for a few minutes to marinate.
Add 1 tsp of lemon juice to a medium sized bowl with 2 cups of cold water. Core and cut pear into bite size pieces. Place cut pieces in lemon water as you cut them to prevent browning. Remove pear from lemon water and place in bowl with lettuce. Core and cut apple into bite size pieces. Place cut pieces in lemon water as you cut them. Remove apple from lemon water and place in bowl with lettuce.
Add marinated strawberries to bowl with lettuce. Add can of oranges to bowl with lettuce, including any juices. Add enough raspberry dressing to taste.
Crumble in entire package of noodles and sprinkle in about half the seasoning. Mix together. Wait 5 minutes before serving to allow noodles to soften slightly.
- Can substitute white vinegar for lemon juice
- Can use any fruits you have available
- Can substitute Italian or Caesar salad dressing
- Add nuts such as peanuts, almonds or walnuts before serving for an extra crunch/protein